TRiO Upward Bound Regular and Upward Bound Rural at Texas A&M University Kingsville is seeking a highly motivated Program Director to work in a dynamic student centered environment supporting program participants (first generation, low income) to complete a program of secondary education and to enter and succeed in a program of post-secondary education.. The Program Director directs project management activities, functions, and staff. Leads interactions with stakeholders in the planning and delivery of projects. Approves project plans. Must be able to fulfill the jobs and duties of this position to accomplish The TAMUK Upward Bound Mission and grant objectives. TRiO-UB is federally funded by the Department of Education.
- The following minimum requirements are based upon PWC standards, the essential requirements above are based upon required grant qualifications.
- Education – Master’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience – Ten years of related experience.
- Knowledge of – Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to – Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work with internal and external executive-level clients, and effectively organize and plan on a detailed, task oriented basis.
- Licensing / Professional Certification – None.
- Physical Requirements – None.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directs project portfolios in line with program strategies and in accordance with program management standards. Periodically conducts meetings to schedule and coordinate project activities.
- Approves project plans including budget, timelines, resources, goals, data collection, reporting and deliverables.
- Directs allocation of resources and abides by all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Ensures project quality control and assurance.
- Ensures current best practices are applied through efficient budgeting practices and project lifecycle management.
- Directs and supervises project team.